Monday 24 November 2008

Love is in the back seat of my cadillac...

...or the front seat of a van, ha! And not much loving can happen when you have a baby at the drive in with you.
I fed the kids before we left and gave strict instructions to try and act in a way that would not leave our babysitter oozing brain matter out her nose and ears. They adore her and love it when she comes over and so get very excited to see her.
On the way to the drive in we stopped off at the supermarket to get some lollies and movie food, cause no way am I paying ten dollars for a pack of choccies I can get at the store for less than half that price!

Bubs fell asleep on the way and I dared have that thought, you know the one. "Ooh maybe she will sleep through the movie" Ha! Nope, she woke up just as we turned into the entrance. Oh well.
We drove around and picked a good spot, although it was still light. Hubby tuned in the radio and enjoyed the tacky music.
We hoped it would be dark by the time the movie started. Which it did. Perfect timing actually. It started to get dark as the ads were playing.
Bubs was not at all interested in watching the screen. She was more interested in looking through the glove ox and throwing everything out of it. Paper, receipts, toys flying all over the car. It kept her amused until I had finished my drink and then she chomped on that.

The movie in question was Bond, James Bond. Yes it's annoying, but I just had to say it like that. I thought the movie was ok, but definitely not a great 'Bond film'
I won't go into it as some people may not have seen it yet, and everyone has different tastes in movies.

We enjoyed over priced pop corn, that lucky for them was quite yummy. It is always amusing to me when I go out with Hubby, just us, and/or the youngest child. Eating something and not sharing. I often forge what it is like, and going out with just us reminds me of how wonderful it is! I always share everything with the kids, so to have something to myself, without hiding in the bathroom with my feet against the door and shovelling it in, is always a big treat.

Going out to the drive in also reminded us at how old we are getting. By 10pm we were both yawning and ready for bed. I remember the days when we would be walking out the door at that time, heading off to a party, club or pub *sigh*

All in all a big thumbs up from us both. We are looking forward to going back again.

1 comment:

Mama said...

"I fed the kids before we left and gave strict instructions to try and act in a way that would not leave our babysitter oozing brain matter out her nose and ears"

ROFL! Great imagery! What could they possibly do to make that happen?

You know I have never in my life been to a drive-in. Everything I know about it I learned from Grease. At least with a baby I can rest assured your breasts got felt up, which is essential to the drive in experience, as is my understanding ;D