Monday 10 November 2008

Things I never thought I would say, before having children..

1. No riding bikes in the house
2. Please don't try and put that in your nose/ear/eye, you get the picture
3. For the love of God stop pretending to stab your sibling with the scissors.
4. Why do you have scissors tucked into your belt?
5. Not everyone is as keen as seeing you adjust your penis as you are of doing it.
6. No the baby is not crying because she doesn't have a penis.
7. While it seemed like a good idea at the time pushing the trampoline over to the deck so you could jump from really high, you can see now why they need to be far apart.
8. I'm really not in the mood to go the hospital today, please try to be careful
9. Yes, it really would be cool if you were a Jedi.
10. Indiana Jones is a character in a film, he is a fictional character who can't come visit you.
11. Cleaning really can be fun
12. All Star Wars questions must now be forwarded to Daddy, as I didn't even know there was a character called Bobo
13. I know it was you who wrote your brothers name on the bathroom wall. He can't read yet, let alone write.
14. Who put the toilet roll in the toilet?
15. Don't use tape to make your brother look like a Mummy. (Therein follows screams as tape is pulled off said brothers skin)
16. Please don't tell me that's poo
17. Oh god it's poo
18. Pancakes are a suitable dinner
19. I really don't know if Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy hang out together.
20. No it's not carrots, they are just orange potatoes. It tastes yum!

One more that I never thought I would say SO much...

21. Are you freaking kidding me!!! (Of course said in that voice, you know the one)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I nearly wet myself laughing at all this...my personal favourite has to be "#6. No the baby is not crying because she doesn't have a penis."
ROFL, are you sure???

This morning Indy helped me change Sunny's nappy and exclaimed ever so excitedly, PENIS! Boys...they are awesome huh?

And I had my own, please tell me that's not poo, oh god that is poo moment yesterday, ugh, of course while I am feeding the baby...sigh...

xo

Hub said...

Hands down funniest shiznit i've read all day

And for the record, its boba.

Sarah said...

One came to me the other day:

"Daddy's got your octopus in his pocket"

Clare said...

Too funny about the Octopus!
Yes, there is something about boys and men and the penis. Once they find it, it's hard to let go. The comment about the penis and baby crying was years ago. My eldest son was 4 at the time his baby sister was born. She was crying because I was changing her nappy. But, to a 4 year old his theory made more sense, lol

Louisa Claire said...

Thanks so much for visiting WTBAY! This is hysterical!! Just love it :) Hope to see you in 'blogland' this week...look forward to perhaps featuring your blog soon?? Cheers, Louisa :)

Debbie said...

Hi there...thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. I just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up! Check in daily to see where in the world we are headed next!

Anonymous said...

How true!!
things you thought you'd never say and sound like your parnets!!LOL

BG said...

Wow, that is such a funny post- made my day!
Cheers,
Belinda

Dee said...

They are funny, lucky I have 2 girls so the boy bits don't apply!

Nat said...

That poo quote (actually, the two poo quotes) just happened to me ten minutes ago!

Bethel of Bethania said...

Ohhh how I remember these sorts of conversations with my children + the children that came through our front door to share our life for a while... I would like to say to you & all Mummy's out there Please please have a book & pen handy & write down the funny little things they say cause 10 years down the track you might remember what they said but forget which one said it or visa versa let along what you remember 20 years down the track ... ohh how I wish I had but I do try to collect what the Grandee's say here & there ... Enjoy your little family ... OOroo ... Bethel of Bethania

Anonymous said...

I frequently do the "be careful cos I don't feel like making a trip to the hospital today" and the "are you freakin kidding me!!??!!" one is quite often heard in these parts lol