Friday 30 October 2009

Why I birth at home

My birthing journey began with a private obstetrician and private hospital. From my first child's birth, to our last child's birth we have grown wiser, stronger and more trusting in what we know is best for us.
To put it simply I birth at home because that is where I do it best. Hospital does not provide me the environment in which to labour and birth physiologically. At home I am not interrupted. I can go into my zone and know that I am being supported and nurtured to birth like every other mammal, unhindered.

With more news about birthing choices both at home and in the hospital being taken from women I post this video.
Women of Australia, you ARE strong, you have a voice, you have power. Don't stand by as yet another choice is taken from us from those who are scared of us and want us to be submissive just so they can live the life they are accustomed to.
Fight for your rights, for your children, and their children.







For more about what has happened this week, check out Sazz here.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Montages like this leave me in such a blubbering mess; a) because they're so beautiful and b) because they remind me what I missed last time. Bit of a problem when I'm trying to show videos and pictures of homebirths to Cassia in order to help her understand what's going to happen and I'm crying all the way through them!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to homebirth, but because I am chronic asthmatic and had been involved in a horrific car accident, felt that it would be wiser to birth in a well set-up hospital.

However, I feel that there should always be a choice for people who want to home-birth.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Bonnie said...

That's a beautiful slideshow and song! :)