Tuesday 6 July 2010

Breastfeeding in public

Breastfeeding in the modern day can be damn hard work. A time when women's bodies are advertised in a sexualised way more often then not. These advertisements on billboards, posters, bus and train stops, shopping centres, TV, grocery stores, magazines, newspapers and the list goes on and on.

I have breastfed all of my children wherever and whenever they needed. It is normal to me that ANY baby, no matter how they are fed have the right to their food source when they need.
Due to what I mentioned in the first paragraph, this can make breastfeeding particularly challenging at time with members of society who see women's bodies as every ones but a babies.

http://www.nursingfreedom.org/2010/07/carnip-day-1.html Nursing Freedom has put together a collection of posts, articles and blogs that touch on this topic.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I've often deliberately fed my babies in public -- the more it grows into the norm, the more attractive it will be to young mothers.